And Water for All
This documentary discusses water affordability in Ohio. Building and maintaining the physical infrastructure to deliver high-quality, affordable water to Ohio’s citizens is a costly endeavor, and how to pay for these important investments can lead to heightened levels of social and political conflict.
The one-hour production was written and directed by Ramiro Berardo, professor of environmental and natural resources policy at The Ohio State University. “With this film, I set out to explore the complex conversations about water affordability across the state of Ohio with the goal of amplifying the voices of those who work toward providing clean, affordable water for all,” he said.
Experts helping to describe the challenges include Bryan Stubbs, executive director, Cleveland Water Alliance; Manny Teodoro, associate professor of public affairs, University of Wisconsin–Madison; Jerry Rouch, deputy director for infrastructure funding, Ohio EPA; and more. Local officials and residents also offer their local concerns about water quality.
AND WATER FOR ALL examines the challenges that governmental and nongovernmental entities face to secure access to clean, affordable water in the coming decades.
Trailer—And Water for All
Explore Ohio’s issues and challenges related to providing quality water to its citizens.
Financial Assistance Programs—Water and Sewage
The following cost-saving programs benefit eligible customers. Criteria varies by program. Check the links below to see if you qualify.
General link for Ohioans:
General link for Pennsylvanians:
- Ashland County:
City of Ashland Division of Water Senior Citizen Discount Program
Kno-Ho-Co-Ashland Community Action Commission
- Ashtabula County: Ashtabula County Community Action Agency
- Columbiana County: Job and Family Services Prevention, Retention, and Contingency (PRC)
- Coshocton County: Kno-Ho-Co-Ashland Community Action Commission
- Cuyahoga County: Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
- Erie County: CAC of Erie, Huron, and Richland Counties, Inc.
- Geauga County: Department of Water Resources
Senior Discount Program
Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program
- Harrison County: Har-Ca-Tus Tri-County Community Action Organization
- Holmes County: Kno-Ho-Co-Ashland Community Action Commission
- Huron County: CAC of Erie, Huron, and Richland Counties, Inc.
- Jefferson County: Jefferson County Community Action Council
- Lake County: Lake County Utilities Water and Sewer Fee Discount for Seniors
- Lorain County: Lorain County Community Action Agency
- Mahoning County: Homestead Fixed Sewer Rate Reduction
- Medina County: Community Action Wayne/Medina
- Portage County: Water Resources
- Richland County: CAC of Erie, Huron, and Richland Counties, Inc.
- Stark County:
Stark County Community Action Agency
Veterans Service Commission
- Summit County: Sanitary Sewer Services
- Trumbull County: Trumbull Community Action Program
- Tuscarawas County: HARCATUS Tri-County C.A.O.
- Wayne County: Community Action Wayne/Medina