PBS Western Reserve is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from women, minorities and persons with disabling conditions.
We are dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the station. We seek help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. Organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact the station by calling 330-821-6413 or 330-677-4549.
Although we do not currently have any position openings available, we always accept applications. If you are interested in a position, please send your resume to: Human Resources, PBS Western Reserve, 1750 W. Campus Center Dr., Kent, OH 44240. Please indicate the type of position for which you would like to be considered.
As a member of a growing local production team in Kent, the Production Coordinator has proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro and After Effects), Microsoft Suite and Google Workspace. Coordinating with local production and digital content administrative activities (scheduling and use of broadcast studio, Blogosphere and Podcast/Vlog Studio and Greenlight Committee administration); the Production Coordinator assist in promo production and editing of closed captioning of local programs using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Responsible for coordinating pre-production, production and post-production activities including lining up shoots, location scouting, calling guests, arranging for crew and equipment, maintaining program files with talent and rights releases, cue sheets and program rundowns
- Coordinates the Greenlight Committee, broadcast studio and Content Foundry activities and assists in creation, production and editing of local programs and digital content
- Assists with set construction, researching, gathering and organizing scripts, music, props, talent, facilities, and information used in production
- On behalf of the Greenlight Committee, coordinates the committee’s work (coordinate meetings, gather information, set agendas, get minutes transcribed, etc.)
- Maintains, schedules and coordinates the Content Foundry (Blogosphere and Podcast/Vlog Studio) equipment inventory, activities and periodic maintenance
- Schedules and coordinates broadcast production studio and field equipment
- Schedules and coordinates production interns on an as-needed basis
- Responsible for on-air promotion production
- Responsible for closed captioning of local broadcast and digital content
- Assists with on-air pledge break production, including gather of program information, preparing break rundowns, scheduling and training volunteer groups to answer phones, and providing support for talent during breaks
- Responsible for producing underwriting and corporate sponsorship spots
- Performs production crew duties as assigned (floor, cam op, audio, grip, etc.)
- Responsible for preparation of media for future use
- Responsible for complying with applicable FCC regulations when working on productions
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Producer/Director
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent spelling skills are required
- Ability to communicate with independent producers working on broadcast material for the station, as well as voice-over talent
- Organized and possessing problem-solving and good time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are paramount
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro and After Effects), Microsoft Suite and Google Workspace
- Digital content administration for scheduling and use of broadcast studio
- Promo production and editing of closed captioning of local programs using Adobe Premiere Pro a plus
- Editing and crew experience will be given preference
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Position is primarily day shift, but weekends and evenings may be necessary. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 15 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. Indoor ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office environment along with outdoor weather elements are a factor. PBS Western Reserve is following all CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 protocols.
PBS Western Reserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Compensation: Non-exempt position, Hourly wage commensurate with experience, Full benefits package includes medical and dental insurance; paid vacation and sick leave; and 10 federal holidays. Our employees are under the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System.
How To Apply: Email resume and three references to HR@PBSWesternReserve.org. No outside agency referrals and no phone calls or walk-ins will be accepted. Background check and drug testing may be required as part of the consideration process.